Serving Amarillo, Canyon, Dalhart and the surrounding Texas Panhandle
Not happy with your smile? We can fix that! The Esler Dental Group can use a veneer to correct an assortment of cosmetic issues.
Placed over the front surface of teeth, veneers can repair the following:
- Misshapen teeth
- Minor crookedness
- Stained teeth
- Gaps between teeth
The Esler Dental Group can install either porcelain or composite veneers.
Porcelain veneers are made of the same high-grade dental porcelain that is used to fabricate many of our other dental restorations. Receiving a porcelain veneer involves two appointments at our office. At the first appointment, our staff will take impressions of your mouth, and then the dentist will prepare the tooth by removing a minute amount of tooth structure and will place a temporary restoration on the tooth to protect it. After the permanent veneer has been made using those impressions as the model, that veneer is permanently bonded to the tooth at the subsequent appointment.
Some of the benefits of porcelain veneers include the following:
- More durable. A porcelain veneer is longer lasting than its composite counterpart and will not be stained by consuming substances like tobacco, coffee, and wine.
- Looks more like natural teeth. The dental porcelain reflects light the same way that natural dental enamel does.
- Less invasive. Placing a porcelain veneer removes very little of the tooth structure.
- Composite veneers are made of a composite resin. In most cases, a composite veneer can be installed in a single visit. The procedure involves slightly buffing the tooth, then applying a special bonding agent to help the composite resin bond to the tooth. A member of our cosmetic dental team polishes the new veneer to complete the procedure.
Composite veneers have the following advantages:
- Comfortable. The installation of a composite veneer often does not require any anesthetic.
- More economical. The materials used in composite veneers are not as expensive as porcelain veneers, and the procedure costs less.
- Easier to repair. If a composite veneer has an issue, it can be repaired. However, any problem with a porcelain veneer requires complete replacement.
Dr. Clinton L. Esler will perform a thorough evaluation of your oral health before beginning a cosmetic dental procedure. Make sure to choose an experienced cosmetic dentist when considering any treatments to improve the look of your smile. To learn more about veneers or to schedule a consultation, contact our office by calling (806) 358-8021.
The Esler Dental Group is proud to serve patients in Amarillo, Canyon, Dalhart and the surrounding Texas Panhandle.