Serving Amarillo, Canyon, Dalhart and the surrounding Texas Panhandle
The impact of living with missed teeth can go far beyond just affecting your ability to chew and making you feel self-conscious about your smile.
Long term, living with a lost tooth can cause a variety of subsequent issues, including:
- TMJ disorder (jaw joint discomfort)
- Bite misalignment (malocclusion)
- Teeth that drift out of alignment
- Damage to current dental work
- Loss of supporting jawbone
- Loose teeth
- Lost teeth
At The Esler Dental Group, we can replace a missing tooth or teeth by installing a dental bridge. A bridge fills the gap where lost teeth resided in the mouth. It consists of the tooth replacement itself with an abutment at either end, which attaches to the remaining teeth on either side of the gap. A bridge even can be used to replace all the upper or lower teeth in your mouth.
We offer three types of bridges:
PFM, porcelain fused to metal, bridges add a metal sub-structure underneath top-quality dental porcelain. This fabrication allows the porcelain to hold up in areas of the mouth that have an inordinate amount of stress, or for patients who are prone to clenching or grinding their teeth. This metal sub-structure may consist of one of a variety of metal alloys.
Metal-free bridges are made entirely of dental porcelain. This makes it the ideal aesthetic choice for the front teeth, as dental porcelain has the same light-reflecting quality as the enamel on your teeth. The porcelain also can be color matched to look like your existing teeth, making it virtually indistinguishable in your mouth. A metal-free bridge also is a great treatment option for a patient who has a metal allergy.
Prettau Zirconia bridges also referred to as a dental implant bridge, are permanent, as the bridge is placed in the mouth via dental implants that are surgically inserted into the jawbone. Made from Zirconia, a fully biocompatible mineral known for its high bending strength, this bridge represents one of the most cutting-edge tooth replacements available today.
Advantages of bridges
- Durable. A bridge is one of the longest-lasting restorative treatment options available and typically lasts about 10 years.
- Stability. Bridgework is bonded directly into the mouth as opposed to dentures, which can slip and must be removed to be cleaned. You simply clean bridgework by brushing it just as you do your other natural teeth, as well as cleaning underneath it.
To learn more about dental bonding or to schedule a consultation, contact our office by calling (806) 358-8021.
The Esler Dental Group is proud to serve patients in Amarillo, Canyon, Dalhart and the surrounding Texas Panhandle.