Serving Amarillo, Canyon, Dalhart and the surrounding Texas Panhandle
Having straight teeth improves the appearance of your smile and reduces your likelihood of serious oral health problems later in life. Many patients are hesitant to seek orthodontic treatment, because of the extended amount of time they may have to wear their metal braces.
At Advanced Dentistry of Amarillo, our dentists Dr. Trey H. Miller and Dr. Clinton L. Esler offer clear braces through the revolutionary system known as Six Month Smiles, which yield a successful orthodontic outcome of straighter teeth in a fraction of the time.
We prefer to use the Six Month Smiles system on patients who desire a straight smile in little time, and that is concerned with the aesthetics of orthodontics.
How do clear braces work?
Clear braces such as Six Month Smiles employ low-force straightening techniques that produce rapid results. This state-of-the-art orthodontic technology uses clear braces, transparent brackets, and tooth-colored wires. Your teeth undergo a consistently low level of force. Unlike other orthodontic treatment systems, clear braces focus on the cosmetic appearance of your teeth rather than the alignment of your bite or other functional concerns. Therefore, Six Month Smiles may not be the best orthodontic solution for every patient.
Why should I choose clear braces?
Clear braces produce beautiful, straighter-looking teeth in a fraction of the time it takes for traditional braces or Invisalign to accomplish the same aesthetic goal.
Benefits of Six Month Smiles include:
- Appearance – The tooth-colored wires of clear braces such as Six Month Smiles allow you to receive orthodontic treatment that is practically unnoticeable, whereas traditional metal braces are very obvious and often unsightly.
- Comfort – Metal braces are known for causing irritation of the lips, gums, cheeks, and tongue. The brackets used in Six Month Smiles are less invasive because of their low-force construction, as compared to traditional metal brackets.
- Less invasive – Other orthodontic treatment methods have a higher risk of root damage or tooth decay. Patients with clear braces also have a significantly reduced risk of having teeth extracted, which often occurs with patients who need braces to correct crowded teeth.
- Cost – Six Month Smiles is less expensive than other clear treatment systems for orthodontic needs such as Invisalign.
- Results – While every patient is different, straighter teeth can be achieved in an average of six months using clear braces.
Are clear braces right for me?
Advanced Dentistry of Amarillo only recommends Six Month Smiles for patients who are at least 16 years old and are dissatisfied with the appearance of their smile because of crooked teeth. This form of orthodontic treatment may not be ideal for patients that require realignment of their jaw and bite.
Six Month Smiles is only available from a dental practice that has met the criteria to be a licensed provider of the treatment system. We are proud to offer this state-of-the-art treatment method as part of our commitment to excellence in cosmetic and comprehensive care.
If you are interested in learning more about clear braces systems such as Six Month Smiles, the first step is undergoing a consultation. At this consultation, Dr. Miller or Dr. Esler will evaluate your oral health, discuss your aesthetic goals, and answer any questions you may have about clear braces.
Ready to learn more? Call (806) 513-2544 to schedule your consultation today. We also can discuss any of our other orthodontic treatment methods at this time.
Advanced Dentistry of Amarillo is proud to provide total oral health care to patients in the areas of Amarillo, Canyon, Dalhart and the surrounding Texas Panhandle.