You can experience sedation dentistry safely and easily.
You and 145 million North Americans have one thing in common: you are afraid of going to the dentist. But thanks to sedation dentistry, it is a fear you can conquer. Now, you don’t have to let your fears prevent you from having the perfect smile. Our sedation dentist, Dr. Clinton Esler, can help you overcome your fears and dental phobias.
Prior to your appointment treatment: preparation.
- Except for water, you will have no food or drinks for 12 hours prior to your appointment
- Just prior to your treatment, you will take medication in tablet form, a mild sedative that will relieve nervous tension.
- You cannot drive, so arrange for a companion to drop you off at your appointment.
The day of your appointment: treatment.
- Treatment only begins once you are relaxed, and we will offer another tablet should you require more sedation
- An assistant will be with you at all times, and your pulse and blood pressure will be monitored constantly.
After your treatment appointment: follow-up.
- Your companion will escort you from the office.
- You will need to take the rest of the day off from work.
- You will have little or no memory of your appointment.
- Use caution and ask for assistance when needed, since diminished balance may affect your abilities (e.g., with stairs).
Contact our Amarillo Dentist
To contact our sedation dentist, please contact our Amarillo dentist by calling (806) 576-3076.