Gum disease is caused by bacterial growth in your mouth. If left untreated, gum disease can cause tooth loss and further destruction of oral tissues. This condition is very common. Nearly half of all Americans suffer from some form of gum disease. Fortunately, Dr. Clinton L. Esler offers patients various options that can help treat periodontal disease, as well as prevent future infections.
Our team at the Esler Dental Group is proud to announce that we not only provide our patients with in-office gum tissue therapy, but we now also offer Perio Protect® as an alternative treatment option. But what, exactly is Perio Protect® and how does it work?
If you are in the Amarillo area and would like to learn more about your gum treatment options, give our office a call at (806) 576-3076 to schedule your initial consultation.
How do you Know if you Have Gum Disease?
Gum disease is caused by excessive bacteria and plaque buildup. There are different stages of gum disease, including:
- Gingivitis: This is a minor form of gum disease most often associated with inflammation and irritation caused by plaque and bacteria. This can result in bleeding gums and bad breath.
- Periodontitis: This is a severe form of gum disease and results when gingivitis is left untreated. The bacterial infection becomes worse, leaving the body's immune system to fight the bacteria that begins to spread and grow below the gum line.
There are other various symptoms to look out for, including:
- Gums that bleed after or during brushing
- Red, swollen or tender gums
- Persistent bad breath or bad taste in the mouth
- Receding gums
- Formation of deep pockets between teeth and gums
- Loose or shifting teeth
- Changing in the way teeth fit together upon biting down
Fortunately, Dr. Esler can help by providing Perio Protect® gum disease treatment.
What is Perio Protect®?
Perio Protect® is a cutting-edge gum disease treatment that you can do in the comfort of your own home. Dr. Esler will custom-fit oral trays to your teeth that will help deliver the oxygen-rich gel to the deep, infected gum pockets. Perio Protect® targets these gum pockets to help treat the chronic infection in your mouth and alleviate the symptoms associated with gum disease. This method is completely comfortable, non-invasive and pain-free.
The custom-made Perio Protect® trays come with many benefits, including:
- Custom made to fit your mouth
- Long lasting
- Easy to use
The Perio Healing Peroxide Gel comes with many benefits as well, such as:
- Low concentration of hydrogen peroxide
- Safe and natural
- Targets bacteria beneath the gum line, effectively treating gum disease
- Whitens teeth at the same time
Don't let bacteria ruin the health or vitality of your smile. Dr. Esler can help treat your gum disease with Perio Protect®.
Contact the Esler Dental Group for Your Perio Protect® Gum Disease Treatment Today
At the Esler Dental Group, we take pride in educating our patients on their oral health and treatment options. To fully determine if Perio Protect® is the right gum disease treatment for you, Dr. Esler will meet with you in person to discuss your dental care goals and needs. During your initial consultation, he will personalize your treatment plan to help you get the smile of your dreams.
If you are in the Amarillo area and would like to discuss your gum disease treatment options with our experienced dentist, give our office a call at (806) 576-3076 to schedule your initial consultation.